Intern - Cloud Product Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209148
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata is seeking a passionate and motivated Product Management intern to join the Cloud Product Management team for the summer.
You will be part of the team responsible to shape the next generation Cloud offerings for Teradata customers. Our team is focused on customer obsession and driving the best in class, customer experience for analytics through Vantage on Cloud. Our vision is to provide a unified, integrated environment that delivers the best business analytic functions and engines at scale on Cloud.
This is an exceptional opportunity to spend a summer with a rapidly growing and innovative company. Our internship designed to let you apply your classroom learnings to real world challenges. Our internships have a thoughtful balance of networking, executive speakers, community involvement, big meaty projects and fun.
Intern – Cloud Services Product Management
In this role, you'll learn the inner workings of an organization that has a critical mission to make the Cloud experience better.
The role necessitates a leader with a strong bias for action, deep intellectual curiosity, desire to quickly learn and unflappable positivity and tenacity. This internship will include significant interaction with our development teams and many product teams.
- Conduct data analysis and telemetry collection to support product requirements
- Conduct market research to identify gaps, articulate the market needs and identify patterns
- Develop clear and actionable product requirements that engineering can use to effectively build products
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to become knowledgeable about the customer, their usage habits, and their needs
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Conduct research to support the requirements
- Participate in product development with the project management team, engineering team to ensure product specifications and schedules are met per product requirements
- Assist in the product life cycle management
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS/MBA/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2021-December 2024.
- Comfortable drafting detailed product requirements from user stories to Product Requirement Documents
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good communicator who is able to speak to team members of all levels
- Comfortable analyzing data and presenting to stakeholders
- Knowledgeable about Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and product best practices
- Have an understanding of market research methodologies, and a desire to learn and grow in a product management career.
- Prior Engineering or Product Management experience
- Advanced MS Excel & Powerpoint user
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Cloud Product Management
Job Category: Product Management
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US