Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209138
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (II)
Cloud Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS and Azure? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services like data streaming and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on Google Cloud, AWS or Azure.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc. or other object-oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Experience with Microservices and containerization of applications.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience developing unit testing, Test driven development approach, work in agile and scrum environment.
- Knowledge monitoring and logging solutions such as datadog, Prometheus, Grafana or similar.
Position location can be virtual or based in our San Diego, CA HQ, or in one of our other office locations, including: Los Angeles, CA; Bellevue, WA; or Raleigh, NC.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US