Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209137
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata Corporation is looking for a driven Software Engineer to join Teradata Engineering services. As a team member, you will use your skills to enhance and maintain multiple DevOps tools. The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling tools which can be leveraged in CICD process. You will be using Python and other advanced scripting languages to develop automation towards integrating tools with CICD process with minimal manual effort in On-premise and Multi cloud environments.
The activities are geared towards enabling CI for all the cloud development teams for different Teradata products. These efforts will require you to interact with employees at every level and from different departments and geographies of Teradata. Updating of Teradata Labs policy, process, procedure, guidelines and templates.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of Service Engineering/ /DevOps tools/Automation of large-scale enterprise systems on both on-premise and cloud.
- Graduate or Postgraduate in Computer Science or Electronics with hands on administration of DevOps tools like Jenkins, Jira, Github, Artifactory.
- Should have strong coding skills in Python and Selenium.
- Have hands on experience in implementing CICD on OnPremise and Cloud.
- Have strong proficiency in One of the public cloud environments (AWS, AZURE, GCP).
- Hands on automating business process, system maintenance functions and CI/CD scripting and Python is preferred.
- Knowledge on application monitoring and scripting for cost optimization on cloud is added advantage.
- Should have willingness to learn new technologies and tools and quick ramp up
- Should have very good problem-solving skills
- Results oriented working within a collaborative team
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Service Engineering/Administration of multiple DevOps tools and services.
- Design and Develop as a service models on top of existing DevOps tools to simplify accelerate CICD process in On-premise and Multi Cloud environments.
- Collaborate with 3rd party Vendors for additional features/licensing.
- Identify automation areas and driving end to end implementation
- Document the design proposals using flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc
- Deliberate on the proposed solutions and implement the best possible one by adhering to the coding standards and best practices
- Deploy the solution based on the target system specifications
- Monitor the tools utilization and optimize to drive efficiencies
- Individual Contributor
- Team Player
- Reports to Engineering Manager
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN