Information Security, Senior Manager - Third Party Risk
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209122
Position Title: Governance Risk Management Specialist (V)
Role – Information Security, Senior Manager – Third Party Risk
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud consulting organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Sr. Manager – Third Party Risk (IC) will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security controls implemented at Teradata, lead the third-party risk assessment program. This is a global role with responsibility for responding to information security needs across the entire Teradata corporation.
Third Party Risk Management’s key objectives are:
- Maintain the firm-wide Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program
- Implement firm-wide TPRM strategy, processes and tools
- Execute due diligence and ongoing monitoring
- Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and contractual agreements
- Implement clear, consistent information and reporting to identify, measure, monitor and manage firm-wide risks
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of managing third party risk management programs, Information Security learning and development, and communication in global organizations.
This position will be working closely with the business units, to advise on risk, consult on compliance requirements, build security awareness, and enforce policies. Strong interpersonal skills are required to meet with senior leaders and explain the risks and alternatives to meet risk goals. Establishing and manage organizational operating and executive level metrics and assist in creating the monthly materials for leadership review.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
Third Party Risk Management
- Supporting continuous improvement to the Third-Party Risk Management program as it evolves to meet changing organizational and regulatory needs; partnering with Finance to ensure that the change is communicated and embedded across the organization
- Work directly with internal business partners and Finance to assist in the identification of potential security risks with third party vendors of products, services, and supply chain management
- Counsel and guide business partners in identifying risks and potential risk mitigation alternatives commensurate with the risk identified and consistent with risk appetite
- Work directly with new and existing third-party vendors to assess risk controls to ensure data is adequately safeguarded
- Provide training and oversight to risk management analysts performing third party risk assessments on new and existing third parties on an enterprise-wide basis
- Preparation of detailed and summary reports of assessments, remediation plans, including customized reports, as needed
- Advising on the information security and compliance risks and requirements of our suppliers to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Develop and manage policy deviation process and approvals
- Work with teams across Teradata security practices to develop operational, executive and board level metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree required; information security and risk management certifications desirable
- 7 – 10 years’ experience with internal security and compliance
- Experience achieving ISO 27001, SOC 2 Type 2 compliance
- Drafting/enforcing internal security policies
- Experience in IT audit, information security, and compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of various risk and security frameworks
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOX, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR and global data protection and privacy laws
- A general understanding of cloud security challenges and controls
- A good understanding of technologies and controls including hosts, databases, networking, and applications
- Experience presenting and communicating to Executive Management
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security, Senior Manager - Third Party Risk
Job Category: Services
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN