Associate Cloud Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209112
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (I)
About the role:
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire experienced Cloud Development / Applications Engineers in various grades to be part of our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
Teradata is looking for experienced Cloud Engineers who possess a balance of technical proficiency, functional domain knowledge, with strong communication skills. They will work closely with other team members to implement cloud solutions / services. It will be covering all stages and tasks within the entire development cycle of a cloud application / service. They may also participate in solution building for moving existing services and remodel it in native cloud architecture.
- Work with cross functional teams in Agile software development to design and automate test plans; create infrastructure and environments to run components and end-to-end integration tests at scale.
- Develop and integrate automation tests as part of CI/CD process to enable rapid development, build, deployment, test, and production release of Teradata Vantage Cloud and Applications on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud platforms.
- Develop deep understanding of features; proactively identify, troubleshoot and analyze software defects and risks independently
- Assist Cloud Engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of product defects
- Utilize understanding of quality engineering, DevOps, software engineering best practices and user experience to influence design and implementation approaches. The ideal candidate is a technically versatile team player with passion for quality.
- BSCS/MSCS degree or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in professional software/cloud engineering, including agile development.
- Strong test development & automation experience of Functional, Integration & UI tests (Python/RobotFramework based API testing, Web UI testing with Selenium Web Driver, Load Test with JMeter, etc.)
- Proven experience with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud platforms, micro-services, RESTful API-based architecture and networking.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira, etc.)
- Good working experience in engineering practices such as code reviews, unit test, static code analysis, code coverage analysis, software security, etc.
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Dive deep, detail-oriented and customer-focused.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN