Power BI Developer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209096
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst (II)
Power BI Developer
Location: San Diego, CA or Virtual
Job Title: Microsoft Power BI Developer
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it’s the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
What You’ll Do
As a Microsoft Power BI Developer, you will work with the Teradata Global Go-To-Market Operations Organization (GTM Ops.) in San Diego, California. The successful candidate will join a team of innovative, agile specialists who are responsible for Strategy and Analytics within the Go-To-Market Organization. This is an opportunity to design and deliver new dashboards, customizations, integrations and data migrations in a dynamic and growing organization.
Teradata’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require Power BI Developers to keep the big picture in focus. Your responsibilities will include identifying system needs and defining changes and customizations to be made to the application. An excellent understanding of the Power BI platform and best practice methods to customize is essential.
The ideal candidate
- Has interest/experience in tools development striving for client satisfaction.
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing product environment.
- Is responsive to new product directions and can come up with innovative solutions.
- Has a strong grasp of system concepts related to interoperability and system dependencies.
- Understands HW platform and SW integration, storage and operating systems.
- Collaborates effectively across teams, organizations, and management levels.
- Is a motivated self-starter, w/meticulous attention to detail, is passionate about learning new technologies and is ability to grasp and implement new concepts quickly.
- Key contributor on a variety of agile development projects participating in daily scrums, development sprints, demos and sprint reviews.
- Work directly with the subject matter experts, representing various functions of the business to deliver new analytic capabilities.
- Lead the system development, integrations and customization to support User Stories that represent end user requirements.
- Collaborate with IT to understand the corporate client service data architecture.
- Migrate existing reports and interfaces from other platforms to Power BI.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into proofs of concept.
- Develop dashboards using existing and emerging tools and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management, with at least 2+ years of experience with PowerBI
- Demonstrated aptitude writing complex SQL statements and an understanding of logical and physical data modeling.
- Experience collecting user requirements and ability to understand complex business needs then translate them into BI application solutions.
- Two plus years of experience with data visualization, implementing high-value solutions and performing administrative activities across multi-environment infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Data Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics concepts including:
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) experience
- Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Data Marts, Data Stores, and Cubes
- Data Quality and Profiling
- Data Governance, Master Data Management, and Metadata Management
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Ability to learn new concepts and software quickly
- Experience writing unit tests to test your own code
- Ability to communicate effectively in both a technical and non-technical manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Salesforce, Sales Cloud, CRM, and FinancialForce data (actual Salesforce development experience a plus)
- Experience with PowerApps and new PowerBI visualization design a plus
- Experience with other BI vendors (Business Objects/Cognos, Tableau, Grafana, Salesforce Einstein Analytics, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with statistical methodologies and software a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, including ability to write stored procedures, triggers, analytic functions, and tuning a plus
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Power BI Developer
Job Category: Business Development
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US