Business Analyst - Strategic Sourcing
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 209076
Purchasing Analyst (II)
Sourcing at Teradata is changing for the better. We are maturing our organization from areactionary to becoming a more strategic business partner. Service redesign, digital enablement, and overall process transformation are only a few of the new directives of the Sourcing and Procurement strategy. Are you ready to change with us?
Your mission will be to support a center-led operating model to promote role clarity and work optimization, drive in greater visibility and influence in the organization and ensure Teradata is achieving the best value for its spend.
As a Strategic Sourcing Specialist at Teradata, you will be a key member of our Enterprise Sourcing & Strategy Solutions team, charged with driving compelling results and value to Teradata through strategic procurement activities.
What You’ll Do
- Support Category Leaders in developing and executing Category strategies
- Conduct financial, demand and supply market analysis, and interact with business leaders to support the Category Leaders in the development of Category strategies
- Conduct spend analytics; use data to influence change with clients and build strong ROI
- Support Category Managers with spend data analytics to assess current performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Prepare performance scorecards and other reporting as requested.
- Model, monitor, and report trends in underlying cost drivers
- Efficiently and effectively process procurement request from Category Leaders within set timeframes
- Conduct other (frequently cross-functional) projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, or Consulting
- Demonstrated experience in strategically supporting data-driven cross-functional efforts and managing communications with diverse set of stakeholders.
- Understanding and application of sourcing policies, procedures, and supply strategies
- Capable of coordinating across business units and sharing critical information, with a strength in explaining complex concepts and coaching individuals through complex decision-making
- Capable of managing deadlines and balancing multiple priorities
- Comfort with Business Objects or comparable data analytics reporting a plus.
This position will sit in our Peachtree Corners office near Atlanta, GA. We will also consider candidates local to our San Diego, CA headquarters.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst - Strategic Sourcing
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US