Location: Wellington, Wellington NZ
Requisition Number: 209072
Position Title: Account Executive IV
This is a technical sales role, selling into named prospective customers. This role will operate cross- industry, with a specialization in Government Sales. The Account Executive is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in their Territory as well as maintaining, communicating and executing the sales plan for the Territory across the broader team.
This is a new business selling role aimed at customer acquisition.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
You will be responsible for selling Teradata’s unique portfolio of solution products and services to our existing and potential customers and clients. Using your prospecting and account penetration skills, you’ll work to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and forecast goals as well as other defined objectives. So, you’ll need the experience and technical ability to see and assess customer challenges in order to provide our best possible solutions for their needs. Direct solutions sales experience is important as is as the ability to seek out and capitalise opportunities for profitable growth. You will work closely with your prospective customers, both as a consultant and as a trusted advisor. Teradata’s professional reputation and range of solutions and services is second to none, so you’ll be a trusted ambassador for our brand.
Your communication skills must be such that you can identify and clearly explain solutions to potential customer, and that means right up to the C- suite. You will have strong personal skills to quickly build trust and respect between you and your customer. Ability to manage your own time and self-motivate as your support team will be primarily remote. Have technical skills to support yourself in selling complex solutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing, setting and maintaining the account strategy for overall engagement with the client focused on delivering business value solutions
- Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the sales process and closing sales opportunities
- Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions could be applied and can articulate the value of these solutions.
- Builds and manages relationships with high-level customer decision makers
- Coordinates overall Teradata engagement with client, involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings
- Collaboration with Teradata’s go-to-market partner alliance network, including large strategic consultancies, Cloud providers, and ISVs
- 5+ years successful achievement in enterprise software sales or in a Technical Pre-Sales role
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated results - please outline your quotas / achievements in your application.
- Experience in both Account Management working with large accounts and New Customer wins
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions. For example, EDW/BI solutions, ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
- Technical expertise in IT and/or data software solutions
- Broad industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities for Teradata solutions
- Proven successful track record of enterprise B2B new business sales in Technology or Data
- Ability to grow and nurture relationships at all levels including executives and senior decision makers
- Knowledge of NZ Government from selling or working in the industry
- Awareness and comprehension of advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Ability to work with a remote support team
You need to be an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You will have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wellington, Wellington NZ