GEO Consulting Lead
Location: Muenchen, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 209067
Position Title: Director, Engagement & Delivery
GEO Consulting Lead (CENTRAL - Austria, Germany and Switzerland)
Location: The successful candidate can be based in the countries within the GEO for Central. Some level of travel, within and outside the GEO can be expected, in line with the needs of the business.
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Reporting to the VP EMEA Consulting, the GEO Consulting Lead has overall responsibility for the consulting services business performance within the GEO. This includes the financial performance, selling and delivery of all consulting services. The GEO Consulting Lead is a member of the EMEA Region Consulting Leadership team. The Engagement [Sales] Managers and Delivery lead(s) will report to him/her.
The GEO Consulting Lead will influence the Account Team(s) to develop and grow profitable products and Consulting services orders and revenue for all Teradata products and services. The GEO Consulting Lead is accountable for achieving Consulting, Managed, Success and Transaction Services orders, Consulting revenue and margin targets.
- the execution and quality of client deliveries within Consulting Services as in the accountable customer escalation and relationship owner.
- Engages GEO Consulting staff to build an expert, mobile, sustainable workforce enabled with the right tools & capabilities to deliver excellent Consulting Services.
- Champions the continuous improvement of our Consulting Services capabilities and offerings, the quality of our demand creation, deliveries and customer benefits delivery.
Within this responsibility lies Teradata Consulting services business development and P&L. Key responsibilities include:
- Financially manage the consulting business with accurate forecasts of Orders & Revenues whilst controlling costs to deliver and improve the Consulting margin.
- Through close cooperation with the Account Teams and Sales Leadership, develop and grow profitable services revenue for all Teradata products and services (including Consulting, Managed Services, Success and Transaction Services) in alignment with the Teradata’s Cloud-First and Consulting business strategy. Drive strategic account development to focus on premium Consulting engagements.
- Shape new business proposals through early account engagement influencing deal design to leverage Teradata knowledge, offerings, resources and tools achieving high margin engagements.
- Guide the Engagement Managers to create new demand, clear customer project proposals and contracting documentation (Statement of Works, P&L and Pricing). Govern new business approvals.
- Manage customer projects to deliver all commitments on time and within budgets to our customers and internal stakeholders. Detect early and resolve quickly project issues to continuously drive higher customer satisfaction, account growth and higher margins.
- Develop the GEO Consulting practice to be flexible, resilient workforce highly leveraged by off-shore delivery and third-party resources.
- Co-operation & collaboration with integration partners to support joint business development in Customers together with the Partner team
This position implies frequent interactions with the customers, working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office & customer site.
The key KPI’s for this role are the following:
- Achieving and improving the financial performance of the GEO Consulting business including Orders, Revenue, Margin, WIP and Billings
- Accurately forecasting in the systems of record the business performance
- Transforming revenues and workforce to deliver high value-added premium Consulting Services
- Improving Customer Satisfaction and retention levels within the GEO
Successful candidates will have the following profile:
- Fluent in German and English language.
- Demonstrated leadership of a Consulting or Professional Services business of at least $25m p.a. whilst successfully transforming and growing the business.
- Ability to think strategically, and to transform strategy into results. Assumes responsibility for achieving business results.
- Minimum of ten years as an internal or external consultant with broad data analytic solutions (Data Warehousing, BI, Data Science, AI, Machine Learning) exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success
- Customer orientation — Able to maintain ongoing relationships with clients to support a strong relationship, mutual understanding, and meeting of their needs and repeat business
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Team player – ability to work with multi-disciplined teams and work with many parts of the Teradata organization
- Masters degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred, but not mandatory.
Applications must be received by February 1st 2021 to be considered for this position
Community / Marketing Title: GEO Consulting Lead
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Muenchen, Bavaria DE