Analytics Practice Director
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 209061
Analytics Practice Director
You will be responsible for designing and implementing analytic ecosystems and services that support discrete business outcomes. Through this Practice, we tackle our Customers’ most complex data and analytics related issues, helping them devise the most effective data foundation and analytics solutions from initial data acquisition to business analytics embodiment and testing of their entire business ecosystem in production.
• Management of 10 direct reports within the analytics practice team and responsible for assigning appropriate projects to members based upon their skills and expertise.
- Support, develop and coach your direct reports with objective setting, professional development, and general managerial activities.
- Developing and extending Japan services growth in data and analytics, includes ensuring the team has applicable and timely training/development to support new service offerings and enhancements to existing accounts.
- Working with resource management to ensure the availability of suitably skilled Consultants for data and analytics projects as well as internal recruitment
- Advise on recruitment needs and participate in applicable stages of the interview process.
- Ensure efficient utilization is maintained within the practice, working with team managers and resource management to effectively place Consultants and enable the opportunity for rotation.
Actively work with Service Sales team for pre-sales of business services in terms of data and analytics to support sales target of the team.• Work collaboratively with the other Japan practice leads and teams to ensure growth and Client satisfaction.
- Encourage and participate in meetings and the sharing of information across the teams.
- Proactively mitigate and manage delivery risks.
- Adaptation and evolution of service offerings and delivery techniques to ensure we remain innovative and relevant to our Clients, the market and our Consultants.
- Harvesting of optimal and innovative delivery solutions that can be evolved into packaged repeatable solutions that can be sold and delivered effectively, efficiently, and with minimal known risk.
- Deep experience in the data and analytics industry with an understanding of data warehousing and other database solutions, data science, cloud technology, and related solutions.
Skills and Experience
• Proven leadership skills and experience more than 5 years
• Experience leading technical consulting teams with more than 10 members
• Competitive and winning spirit and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Experience with leading Data and Analytics Practice highly desirable
• Lead change by understanding and knowing how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives
• Facilitate and foster collaboration by engaging others and gaining participation in a mutually beneficial collaborative way.
• Produces results by understanding and driving the execution of delivery solutions that support Company growth and success.
• Experience in leading large, complex data/solution delivery programs
Experience in digital marketing and marketing technologies and solutions.
• Experience of different options for implementation of Data and Analytics solutions
• Analytics and Data platform and IT solutions including big data, analytics platforms, ad-tech solutions.
• Open to innovation and exploration of newly emerging solutions or technologies
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus.
- Native Japanese with Business level English
Community / Marketing Title: Analytics Practice Director
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP