Services Sales Manager
Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Requisition Number: 209055
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery V
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? Teradata is the leading cloud data analytics platform company built for a hybrid multi-cloud world, solving the world’s most complex data challenges at scale. The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and its consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - in the Cloud, on-premise or anywhere in between.
We’re looking for someone exceptional for an exceptional opportunity. We want a Services Sales professional to work with us to be responsible for the overall Teradata Services business development and delivery of Teradata Consulting, Transactional and Managed Services within an assigned account, accounts, or industry, playing a key role in account planning and execution, helping to redefine how to sell and deliver business-focused services to Teradata’s existing and new target customers, across both Teradata and associated eco-system solutions, thereby contributing to business growth. So you’ll need to be an exceptional Service Sales professional with the drive to make this ambition a reality.
You are highly respected for your knowledge, skills and experience to meet our customers’ business requirements through the use of data and analytics at scale. You are a good communicator with strong interaction with the customer understanding their needs, creating offers and mapping existing assets to solve their business problems. You will be working in a combination of physical and virtual office environments, including home, office, and customer site. Local travel up to 70% is expected depending on the location of the candidate with respect to the customer(s) site(s). Some International travel may be required for training.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop in-depth understanding of their customer’s objectives, including the business, industry, company profile, business plan and key initiatives of the organisation. Engage at all levels of the customer from the Senior Executives to the Database Administrator (DBA)Develop strong relationships and build advocacy with key decision makers at Customers.
- In conjunction with the Account Executive and other members of the account team (the “Sales Quad”), define and/or enhance the account plan and strategy including the development of opportunities that drive Annual Recurring Revenue growth and Services Revenue.
- Identify, develop and own Services opportunities within their assigned accounts and industry.
- Own and manage the consulting funnel and pipeline of opportunities for their designated accounts or territories. This includes maintaining the funnel in Salesforce and to update active opportunities.
- Engage with customers at all levels from Senior Executives to DBAs to outline how data drives value and provide thought leadership - building strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Position and drive the sale of Teradata Services per the Teradata Strategy and serve as the lead Teradata negotiator for proposals and contracts.
- Work with Program Managers and Project Managers to provide scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of Teradata Consulting engagements within the overall Consulting portfolio for their account, in conjunction with the Teradata Consulting Manager/Director.
- Manage and own the development of proposals for Teradata Services, related Statements of Work and Bid Review documents.
- Direct, and support the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective, including participation in client steering committees, project audits and quality checks. Be the point contact for issue resolution and managing escalations.
- Be responsible for the Teradata Consulting forecast, orders, revenue, profit, engagement planning, engagement execution, engagement quality, and client satisfaction.
- Work with Project Managers and Practice Leaders to qualify skills and training required to meet your customer’s needs.
- Work with Global Development Centers (GDC) to position cost effective offshore/dual shore opportunities and engage GDC resources during positioning, selling and delivery where appropriate.
- Provide direction for solution implementation engagements, of moderate to high complexity, or a collection of multiple projects. Act as a Program Manager / Director as required.
You’ll be working closely with your customer, both as a consultant and as a trusted advisor. so you’ll also be a trusted ambassador for our brand. Your ongoing professional development is essential to our ongoing success, your customer’s success and, of course, your own. So, if this is you, we’d love you to meet with us .
Education and Experience Required
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 10 plus years IT industry or related experience, with an “IT worldly” perspective.
- An acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain (Data Warehouse, BI, Data Management, Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc.), being able to create solid and trustful working relationships with customers, understand their business strategy and priorities, and use Data & Analytics as an enabler to grow their business.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive and results driven.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management
- Consulting selling experience with a vendor or consulting firm is preferable.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrixed organisation.
- Business management experience including engagement management experience with multiple project streams and complex EIM or Analytics implementations.
- Experience in other competitive products. Knowledge in Open Source Analytics, DB2, Oracle, Analytics Appliances, to be able to draw comparisons with Teradata.
- One or more Industries experience, ideally in industries such as Finance, Retail and Telco Industries
- Strong consultative, communicative, writing, and presentation skills.
- A people, customer and team orientation.
- A motivated, proactive, organized and “self-starting” attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation.
- Expertise in developing and delivering working documents that communicate and corroborate complex ideas.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client/prospects and/or partners.
Community / Marketing Title: Services Sales Manager
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU