Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Requisition Number: 209052
Position Title: Test Engineer (II)
Job Description – Test Engineer
EAS is an analytic solution that acquires data from transactional (ERP) systems and creates an analytic environment on Teradata. This is a position for a test Engineer in the EAS Engineering team.
The test engineer should have good knowledge in testing web based multi-tier applications. She/he should be able to understand, review requirements, write and execute test cases and present the reports in a timely and professional manner. Exposure to UI test automation using Selenium tool will be highly desirable. Awareness of application performance testing will be an added advantage. Basic knowledge of Java, databases and SQL will be a definite plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
BSCS/MSCS or applicable experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with other EAS engineers to understand the scope, design, development and support of the various elements of business applications.
- Create test specifications in support of design, development, and support.
- Installation and maintenance of test environments (Windows/Linux/VM/Cloud) and deploy EAS application on the same.
- Execute regression tests, performance tests.
- Debug SQL and database issues.
- Report Bugs and Track them to closure.
- Document test results, prepare benchmark, sizing documents for EAS application.
- Provide GUI and user interaction test design, develop and execute tests (document, test). Assist in the selection and implementation of test automation tool sets.
- Ensuring compliance of the product's quality standards to organization's TQM specifications.
- Track customer issues and follow-up till closure.
This role requires the ability to work within a high-performance team, and the ability and initiative to develop and drive implementation of the EAS application that will contribute to the ongoing success of the project.
This role is for a junior level Test Engineer reporting directly to the group level manager, requiring good skills in building and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with Development Engineering peers and EAS management.
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN