Technical Support Specialist
Location: Taipei, Taipei TW
Requisition Number: 209050
Position Title: Customer Technical Support Specialist II
Technical Support Specialist
Are you a problem solver? Do you like a fast paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives and technical engineers? If so, the Teradata Base Support team is a great fit for you.
What We Do
The Teradata Base Support team is a 24x7 high volume global support center. Along with incident management, as first contact of customer case support, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What You’ll Do:
The Technical Support Specialists works in a fast-paced, demanding technical customer support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer. As a technical support specialist for Teradata’s Base Support team, you will own the case end to end ,you will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), vendor dispatch for onsite support and break&fix, act as control tower for case management and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills. The work environment requires 24x7 coverage which is achieved via on-call rotations, and extended hours, as needed, to accommodate customer needs. This position will also be supporting International customers and the ability to speak other languages in addition to English is a plus
Interesting Work You’ll Do: (Key Responsibilities)
- Work as a technical advisor for GSO base team for GCA complex cases and escalation support.
- Accept and respond to incoming calls, case/incident and emails within defined service level
- Provide Initial problem triage and clarify problem definition
- Search knowledge bases for known solutions to known problems
- Identification and management of duplicate incidents
- Extract logs, dumps, error files from customer systems
- Prepare and transmit source upgrade files
- Dispatch case to vendor for onsite support and break&fix.
- Parts identification, dispatch and coordination till replacement and return
- Isolates standard problems
- Log problem resolution and support knowledge creation
- Aggressively escalate and Coordinates activities associated with product/service resolution issues
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms.
- Communicate with customers and end-users to articulate the resolution and implement solutions.
- Track, monitor, update, escalate and maintain incident progress until resolved/closed
- Maintain the high quality of case update with CLCA to support case report in local language and customer self-service in SNOW portal.
- Work set schedules including weekends and holidays in support of 24X7 coverage
- Case/Incident end-to-end management.
- Case backlog management, ownership and resolution for all severities
- Provide technical support to onsite resource in case required.
- Vendor technical escalation
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to Be Successful: (Basic Qualifications)
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of Technical Support related experience.
- Basic Database and Operating System knowledge
- Experience in Help Desk/Customer service position/control tower is a plus
Ideally, you will also have the following: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows and other current operating systems.
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation of remote tools.
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Specialist
Job Category: Services
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Taipei, Taipei TW