Product Support Engineer, Cloud and Data Analytics
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209048
Position Title: Product Support Engineer II
Product Support Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is looking for a Product Support Engineer to join Teradata's Global Support Organization supporting customers using the industry-leading data analytics software platform to uncover real-time business intelligence at scale in Cloud, On-Premise, and anywhere in between. We are looking for colleagues with engaging personalities, a passion for excellence in technology, customer focus, and great problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Develop knowledge of Teradata products especially Teradata Cloud Data & Analytics technologies such as QueryGrid, Native Object Store, Machine Learning Engine, and Analytical Function
- Lead discussions with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
- Create knowledge on new learnings
- Experience working in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment
- US Citizenship Required (supporting customers that require US Citizens working their accounts)
- Ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role solving problems
- Experience with Linux and/or other OS environments
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed support team environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using an enterprise-level ticketing system i.e. ServiceNow
- Hands-on experience with databases (e.g. Teradata, Oracle); experience with SQL
- Experience with Big Data platform technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Kafka, etc.), extensive knowledge of data integration, enterprise data warehouse, data lake, and analytical ecosystems
- Experience with VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with large-scale distributed software systems
- Experience with Teradata database and tools with a broad understanding of Teradata’s products
- Good understanding of core concepts for clouds (networking, security, IAM, etc.)
- Good understanding of Agile principles, experience in Agile practices in development, and support
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental, and disability coverage.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer, Cloud and Data Analytics
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US