Financial Force Program Manager / Product Owner -Finance
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209045
Position Title: Business Technology Analyst (III)
Financial Force Program Manager / Product Owner - Finance
Location: San Diego, CA or Remote
Teradata is building out a team of analytical, problem solving and solution-oriented program managers with experience supporting enterprise Consulting Organizations and will serve as a member of a high performing business operations Team with specialty in Operations, Business Process and the Technology that supports them. Day to day focus is on adoption, hygiene and documenting best practices while being on the leading edge of developing business requirements for our Professional Services Automation (“PSA”) platform. This position will partner with Consulting Leadership, Services Offer Management, Field Consulting Operations Managers, Sales, Global Practice Management, Technology and Enablement teams as we manage the roadmap for our recently launched PSA platform. This position will define and drive consistent business processes across all geographies and consulting teams, as well as cross-functional collaboration with supporting the following functional process areas: Revenue Recognition, Cost Recognition, and Billing
The ideal candidate will be data driven, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while maintaining focus on high impact projects aligned to a global strategy.
- Interact directly with field consulting, consulting leaders and other team members to capture feedback for technology and process improvements to drive adoption and deliver value.
- Develop and execute strategies unlocking the value of TDC investment in technologies serving our global consulting organization.
- Define, document and share best practices to ensure consulting processes and terminology are consistently understood and applied across the organization.
- Improve operational efficiencies through a combination of process and technology to drive consulting billability, productivity and process improvement and insight.
- Drive behaviors to maintain data integrity to ensure accurate insights, positively impacting consulting leadership’s ability to adjust strategy and tactics.
- Develop and analyze consulting metrics and KPI’s to measure performance aiding in important business decisions and identify areas of growth and those in need of improvement.
- Create, validate and maintain standard reports and dashboards needed to assess the progress of the business.
- Partner with Geographic Consulting Operations and IT to ensure that FFDC and other tools are set up to effectively support TDC’s coverage models around the world.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Product, Marketing, Finance and Strategy and others to ensure alignment.
- Works closely with Consulting Enablement to identify training needs for leadership and account team members on technology, business practices and processes.
- Actively participate in roadmap identification and prioritization with Business and IT partners.
- Actively participate in evaluations, testing and training of all technologies serving our Consulting teams.
- 3-5 years experience in Finance or Professional Services Operations
- 2+ years prior experience with FFDC or similar PSA Platform a strong plus
- Direct experience in managing and driving value from technologies (e.g. FinanialForce.com and related tool sets)
- Proactive and passionate: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Must possess strong business acumen, analytical aptitude, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and project management capability
- Experience working and communicating with senior executives to solve complex business problems
- Technical proficiency to understand necessary system integrations from a data dependent process perspective
- Effective working knowledge of domestic and international business environment
- Ability to credibly and compellingly create, present and support recommendations with senior leadership
- Program Manage the Design, Requirements, Development, Implementation and support of consulting tools, associated operational processes and interfaces.
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA, Graduate School degree or CPA a plus
- Salesforce/FinancialForce Certifications a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Force Program Manager / Product Owner -Finance
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US