Staff Software Developer - Server Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209043
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Platform Services Intelligent Monitoring
Teradata is looking for candidates interested in developing software that manages and monitors the platform services and infrastructure in our cloud-based/virtual and physical hardware-based parallel database and analytics systems. The solution uses custom-written software in combination with open source software projects to enable active monitoring, problem identification and analysis, diagnostic and trend data collection. It is critical that our software is highly available and efficient, and scales as the number and size of deployed systems grow.
- Full spectrum software development activities – conceptualize, design, develop, implement, improve, test and support code written in Java and C++ and other languages
- Implement multi-system and multi-tenant cloud-based services with supporting CI/CD and deployment automation into various platforms including Google Cloud, Azure, AWS, VMWare, and the latest generation of on-premises hardware
- Price/Performance and Scalability testing/analysis
- Fault pattern analysis and rule development
- Design, develop, support and utilize REST APIs and otherwise integrate with provider services, applications and infrastructure tools to support intelligent monitoring of Teradata systems.
- Refactor and modernize code for simplicity, security, maintainability and performance
- Create and maintain test programs in our extensive automated test framework
- Work effectively as part of a distributed collaborative team in a flexible remote work environment
- Experience with Enterprise Software Engineering/Development in C++ and/or Java
- Proficient with other modern complied and interpreted languages, e.g. Go, Python
- Comfortable working within a distributed System Design/Architecture
- Proficient in developing and/or using APIs e.g. REST and networking protocols
- Familiar with multi-threaded programming and secure coding practices
- Experience with test development, e.g. unit/functional test automation, end-to-end testing, test-driven-development
- Knowledge of basics of Cloud Computing environments and deployments
Additional Beneficial/Desired Skills
- Working knowledge of Cloud Services with experience such with designing and/or building a managed service in one or more public cloud environments
- Familiar with DevOps skills e.g. CI/CD and Cloud Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment using On-Call Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, CFT, ARM Templates, etc.
- Working knowledge of Containerization technology e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
- Working knowledge of Databases, including RDBMS/SQL
- Experience with software resource and performance optimization/tuning
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor’s Degree or US Master’s Degree in a technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- BS with 8+ years of related work experience
- US Master’s with 5+ years of experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Developer - Server Management
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US