Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 209037
Position Title: Internal Audit & Risk Analyst (III)
We are seeking candidates to join our global Enterprise Risk group as part of the Internal Audit team. Teradata’s Internal Audit provides financial, operational, information systems and value added audit and consulting services to the Company on a global basis. The ideal candidate will be part of a team focused on building relationships with key Company leaders, assessing risks, acting as a consultant as needed on process design and optimization as well as documenting, assessing and testing financial and operational processes and controls across the Company. This candidate must possess a strong personality because they will have heavy interactions with local, regional and corporate leadership at all levels of management.
- Develop relationships with key corporate leaders
- Lead and supervise audits related to a variety of business activities, processes, and operations
- Execute audit programs and document related work to evaluate internal controls related to financial and IT risks, operational activities, and compliance requirements
- Perform thorough and in-depth audit reviews, reflecting a strong knowledge of financial and operational activities, along with the business systems which support the business activities
- Perform annual financial / operational risk assessments and assist in aligning audit activities with enterprise risks
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, fostering open communications, facilitating and influencing
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of financial and operational internal controls and recommend improvements to those controls, processes and procedures
- Develop audit working papers designed to meet engagement goals and IIA standards.
- Multitask and work on various audits and projects in different phases
- Develop audit findings and recommendations to management as well as assist in the preparation of reports to management using clear and concise grammar
Travel is estimated at approximately 20% annually, but should not exceed 30%. The candidate for this senior level project consultant will be based in Peachtree Corners (Norcross) once our return to office plan has been implemented following the COVID-19 pandemic and travel to audits or projects as needed (also subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Skills & Attributes
Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or other relevant business discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Internal or External Audit for a large corporation or Big Four / second tier firm
- Experience with assisting/preparing risk assessments, audit programs and work paper documentation
- Familiarity with SOX
- Travel up to 30% annually
- Ability to travel internationally
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Professional certification (CPA/CIA) is highly preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Job Category: Finance
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US