Senior Global SEO Strategist
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 209036
Position Title: Digital Marketing Specialist (V)
The Senior Global SEO Strategist is responsible for shaping the SEM (SEO / PPC) capability under our digital marketing practice. You’ll come with a solid track record of SEM management, making decisions based on customer insights and data, and driving real results. You should love working cross-functionally and cross-organizationally, finding creative solutions for improving search performance.
This role is both hands-on and tactical and you will assist in developing our overall digital SEO strategy and its execution. You will be proficient in data-driven SEO approaches and possess a deep knowledge of all functional areas of SEO. You will proactively collaborate across our entire ecosystem, measuring the effectiveness of your efforts and striving to meet aggressive targeting goals set forth by the business.
Preferred location is in San Diego, but other locations will be considered for remote work.
- Must be an experienced SEO practitioner with several years of successful application
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO trends, including Google’s upcoming Page Experience algorithm update and know how to apply these to an organization
- Perform on-page and off-page SEO audits and site analysis often
- Lead keyword research efforts to grow our unbranded keyword portfolio
- Manage our SEO-specific content efforts; from keyword research and content gap analysis to content production, publishing and measurement
- Conduct regular platform work in our CMS and our Enterprise SEO platforms
- Ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports, and communicate actionable results, findings, and recommendations
- Conceive and execute link building and outreach efforts including cross-linking strategies throughout our ecosystem
- Proficiency in SEO tools such as BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
- Day-to-day project management skills and an ability to work with others in order to get SEO projects prioritized against multiple competing other web priorities
- Global, multi-lingual SEO strategy experience
- Hands-on tactical experience with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Display, Retargeting, Paid Social, & Email Marketing
- Own the entire SEO channel including strategy and implementation
- Must be able to create and execute on an SEO roadmap for 2021 and beyond
- Work with SEO tools like Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and BrightEdge to accurately monitor, assess, and improve search performance.
- Use data to analyze site-level search optimization opportunities
- Consult, educate, and work with various page/section/content owners to optimize pages before, during and after they’ve been published
- Run reports and explain maximization opportunities, cost pitfalls and competitive trends for all search engine efforts, using presentation vehicles that are most effective for communication – visualizations, infographics, interactive graphs, and executive dashboards
- Serve as the SEO & SEM subject-matter-expert to entire Digital team during navigation updates/changes
- Consult with International business partners to optimize local listings and search strategies
- Support both pay-per-click/SEM and organic search engine optimization
- Relentlessly assess visits and pathing from Search and use advanced clickstream data to optimize performance of every term which drives qualified traffic, by audience, to our digital properties, both organic and paid
- Minimum 7-10 years of SEM (SEO/PPC) digital marketing experience, with at least 5 years focused on Search management
- 4+ years’ experience in Search principles (including Local SEO), optimization variables, and metrics
- Experience with advanced Search techniques, tracking/reporting tools, algorithms, analysis and ranking factors
- Experience using enterprise content management systems, multi-language translation & cultural distinction and analytic platforms (i.e. Power BI, Google Analytics)
- BFA/BA/BS degree in Marketing, Digital, Communications, Business, Math, Statistics, or similar
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously with many moving parts.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Must be flexible and able to think outside the box
- Experience in an international environment; must have sensitivities to local culture, language variations), ability to work well with—and garner support from—many different people from many different backgrounds and cultures
- Project management tools experience (Jira, Basecamp)
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders in a customer service-oriented environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Global SEO Strategist
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US