QueryGrid Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209024
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Teradata QueryGrid team intersects all of our analytic technologies in order to help Teradata extend its traditional Data Warehouse lead along with integrating the best data sources and analytic engines available into a common Analytical Ecosystem where the data lives and moves seamlessly through the environment for analytic processing. Be at the forefront of this Big Data Evolution and help Teradata solve the biggest and hardest data management challenges from many of the largest companies in the world in order to easily leverage big data for big ideas. Teradata QueryGrid won Best in Biz Award, voted ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ in 2015. You can learn more at http://www.teradata.com/Teradata-QueryGrid.
The QueryGrid Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the QueryGrid product.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new QueryGrid features.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- Support and resolve customer issues.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience programming with Java (or other object-oriented programming languages) gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Strong working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with automation and REST APIs
- Experience with design and architecture
- Experience with secure coding practices, knowledge of threat models, and compliance
- Experience with quality automation, familiarity with Test Driven Development, End to End Testing
- Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP and Scrum
- Experience with databases (e.g. Teradata, Oracle) and Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark), experience with SQL
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts)
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing basics, knowledge/experience with Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) infrastructures and services
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: QueryGrid Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US