Internal Communications Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209013
Position Title: Communications Specialist (III)
The Global Communications Senior Specialist is responsible for creating messages, stories, and announcements around Teradata’s business for the company’s executives and key organizations. This position is a critical role in developing a clear and consistent corporate narrative. The role must be able to navigate through change while developing plans and materials. These materials include emails, speeches, enewsletters, videos, presentations, and livestream broadcasts. Messages will be created to meet the needs of specific audiences internally. The position will coordinate executive messages across our executive team, and will synchronize the efforts of executive communications managers in the regions.
The role requires a seasoned communications professional with proven experience in writing, communicating and storytelling, and in working with executives. The position will be required to work on projects under non-disclosure, and must adhere to confidentiality standards. Must have proven ability to balance competing priority messages.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop communication plans, written messages, video scripts, blogs and presentations for executives as well as departments, e.g., IT, Finance.
- Create messages that drive organizational performance and awareness of our competitive advantage, successes, products, solutions and services
- Guide communications projects across organizations and regions.
- Build and maintain relationships with subject matter experts who provide input to messages.
- Create and adhere to deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The ideal candidate has experience in the technology industry, with proven capability in any / all the following disciplines: Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Sales. They must have a proven ability to excel across organizational boundaries.
The candidate must have strong experience with:
- Strategic and Corporate Communications and Corporate Marketing
- Executive communications
- Digital and print marketing
- Blogs and Social Media
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. MBA, or MS in journalism desired.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Highly organized, motivated and diligent in work
- Expert oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a cross-functional environment
- Microsoft Office suite expertise / Word, PowerPoint, Stream, Yammer
- Proven ability to manage communications for executives across business units in a team environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Flexibility to adjust quickly
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Internal Communications Specialist
Job Category: Administrative
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US