Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209003
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (III)
We are looking for a professional DevOps automation engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s Quality and performance engineering team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Candidate will be primarily responsible to design and develop required automation as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD).
He/She needs to utilize latest technology and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus.
- Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS etc. is a plus
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
CICD pipelines need to be developed to validate the product right from the time of development till integration. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature level as well as at integration level.
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD
- Good programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN