Senior Cloud Architect
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 209001
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (VI)
Senior Cloud Architect
Location: Santa Clara, CA
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a global Cloud and Data Analytics organization, then this opportunity is for you!
Teradata is the industry leader in delivering high-powered analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
As Senior Cloud Architect you will leverage your broad technical knowledge of database technology and key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to achieve the highest levels of performance across capabilities and disciplines. You will be the subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers.
What You’ll Do
- Work with other Sr Engineers and Architects to drive the technical and architectural vision
- Lead and mentor junior engineers, and drive best practices around design, coding, testability, and security
- Work closely with teams to ensure business functionality, performance goals, and SLAs are met
- Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native fault-tolerant, and highly available data services on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, and ECS
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Implement AWS, Azure, and GCP best practices
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 15+ years of experience in an engineering or technical position
- Most recent 5+ years working in an enterprise-level public cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem-solving, and object-oriented analysis
- Experience with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Go, or C#, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment and in an ownership and results-oriented culture
- Prior experience delivering large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large-scale online services
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Master’s degree and/or Ph.D. preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
- Hands-on experience architecting, designing, and developing applications on AWS/Azure/GCP platforms
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
- Cloud certifications
- Designing and building applications using Container and serverless technologies
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US