Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208997
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (II)
Candidate will be primarily responsible to design and develop required automation as part of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) aligning to our cloud first strategy
He/She needs to utilize latest technology, cloud services(AWS, Azure and GCP) and best tools to implement 100% automation towards build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud).
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of programming experience in quality and DevOps area.
1. Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
2. Experience in implementing CICD
3. Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS, AZURE and GCP etc. is a must
4. Experience in cloud scalability, elasticity and cloud identity management, CFT, AMI, Cloud VPN and cloud networking will be a plus
5. Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
6. Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
7. Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
8. Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
9. Experience in database products is a plus.
10. Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
11. Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
12. Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
CICD pipelines need to be developed to validate the product right from the time of development till integration. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature level as well as at integration level.
1. Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD
2. Good programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
3. Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
4. Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
5. Attention to detail
6. Experience in Linux system administration
7. Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
8. Good verbal and written communication skills
9. Works well in a team environment
10. Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN