Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL
Requisition Number: 208996
Position Title: Solutions Engineers IV
Our Solution Engineers are among the best in the world. They have to be, because our customers are also among the best in their worlds; So, the bar’s set high, because our customer’s demand the best. This is why we want you…
Of course, you’re a technology expert, but we work very closely with our customers, so you’re a great communicator, too, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to the C Suite; comfortable and confident that you’ll deliver the best possible solutions for your customer. So, you’ll have a great deal of responsibility, but you’ll also have autonomy to make your own decisions, and what you’ll learn and gain in experience just isn’t found anywhere else.
Which is also true of Teradata Vantage software; we call it pervasive data intelligence, because it transforms data into answers, into real solutions for our customers. Add this to your already considerable toolbox of skills, and you can see why our customers demand your very best. Always.
You’ll be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your client; your technology expertise, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s challenges. You’ll also be aware of our competitors’ assets, because your customer will need confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we’d prefer you to have wide and far reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are expert in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organisation.
And, although passion is a little over-used these days, we mean it when we say we’ll recognise, develop and transform your passion for your customer’s success into your own personal success. So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you’ll be doing…
- You’ll have one or more target accounts, in partnership with the Account Executive, to develop a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan
- Actively work on the design, implementation and roll-out of solutions that meet your customer’s challenges – so you’ll need to see and assess your customer’s ‘as is’ before you can provide them with their ‘to be’ solutions
- Lead and coordinate benchmarks, Proofs of Concept (POC) and Proofs of Value (POV) to demonstrate how Vantage outperforms the competition
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software and services through your professionalism and expertise to drive sales forward
- Provide technical leadership to the extended Teradata account team and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle – you’ll also work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses
What we’d like you to be…
- Passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata
- Have at least 10+ years hands-on experience in architecting, designing, delivering or optimizing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake solutions
- Cloud-focused with experience of analytics implementations with one or more top Cloud platform vendors (such as Microsoft, Google and Amazon)
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position, with a good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytics technology world
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken Dutch & English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Possess a track record of working in Data Management and Analytics with top Global companies
- And, if possible
- Have a background in technology consulting and relevant pre-sales experience
- Be familiar with SQL and at least one other relevant analytic programming language
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Teradata is firmly committed to diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We value the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered solely on their skills, experience and alignment with the responsibilities of the role.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. The successful candidate may work from either a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon their preference. Some travel is required to meet with customers and account teams in-person and throughout the region.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland NL