Sr Manager, DevOps Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208992
Position Title: Senior Manager, DevOps Engineering
Senior Engineering Manager - DevOps - Job Description:
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, gigantic data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are planned to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes. Teradata Product Engineering Division, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The Senior Engineering Manager for our Core CI/CD Automation efforts will be responsible for leading an engineering team that will be designing, developing and maintaining required automation as part of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD) pipelines and frameworks.
Candidate should have the ability to leverage latest technologies and best in class tools to develop and implement 100% automation to build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both cloud and on-premises). S/he must be well versed in working in an Agile, DevOps, and Continuous Integration and Deployment, next gen automated dev/test environments.
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Director and expected to technically interact with the team to design/develop/review/execute on the CI/CD and automation strategies and plans.
We are looking for experienced Senior Manager with exceptional engineering skills in building innovative solutions as part of our Core Product Engineering organization. Leader who has great experience with the art of Agile Engineering - who share our enthusiasm and passion for technology and innovation, our expertise in creating software and solutions for our customers.
At Teradata, we know that the continued explosion of data will usher in an analytics revolution which will help our customers to grow from being an Intelligent Enterprise to "The Sentient Enterprise". Be a part of a very talented team and help us grow our presence in the next generation technologies for Teradata customers.
CICD pipelines and frameworks are to be envisioned and developed to validate the product from the development, integration, validation and deployment. This includes developing and implementing strategies for automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature and integration levels and deploy on all supported platforms (both cloud and on-premises) of Teradata Products and Services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 14+ years of programming and DevOps area and with at least 5+ years of excellent people management experience
- Manage CI/CD and Automation engineering staff, including the hiring plans, candidate interviews, staff assessments, and training requirements
- Collaborate with the other internal teams/organizations, engineering teams, Release-architects and PM, and Field organizations on product content and delivery schedules
- Prepare and maintain a detailed project plan and lead scoping, planning, and staffing projects; responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment
- Execute towards a goal of full CI/CD automation environment and product delivery/GCA via DevOps, Agile for all the planned releases
- Provide an integrated view of the status, progress and engineering exceptions relative to CI/CD, automation and operations
- Proactively offer insight and solutions to business-driven issues
- Manage program risks and issues with action plans; Develop contingency plans for schedule slips and project issues
- Lead resolution of inter-organizational issues relative to schedule and availability; report progress and escalate issues as required to Management to ensure prompt resolution. Providing recommendations/suggestions for improving organizational efficiency for CI/CD and related operations
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Deep experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as Azure, CloudStack, VMware, AWS, GCP, etc. and related deployment strategies
- Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase (Experience with branching strategies)
- Experience in Designing and implementing CICD
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus.
- Knowledge on code coverage and Coverity tools is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD
- Good programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
- Excellent Cross boundary collaboration and people management skills
As an Senior Engineering Manager:
- You have an excellent work ethic
- You have a strong sense of ownership for the work assigned
- Eagerness to apply uncompromised highly technical standards and ideas to maintain the high quality
- Manage individual projects, projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables as per Teradata standards. Involve to coach team to improve/maintain the high quality in design, develop, test, deploy & maintenance cycle.
- Inspire, grow, and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team based on organization objectives and lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Oversee the design, development, quality, and operations of CI/CD framework
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and lead continuous improvement efforts in Teradata quality and cloud operations and services.
- Work closely with software engineers, test engineers, technical leads, other partner quality assurance teams, product managers, engineering director and other engineering teams to release high-quality Teradata product through the efficient software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have exceptional design and programming skills
- You are keen on quickly learning a wide range of technologies and apply them to your work
- You have multiple design options/solutions for challenging problems
- You have an eye for detail and able to communicate your thoughts and ideas across global teams
- You are passionate about mentoring and document and share your key learnings
About the Team:
We are a fast-moving team located in Hyderabad. We have an open source background and approach to coding, centered around collaboration and transparency. We work with distributed teams in San Diego, California.
On our team Teradata Devops, and Quality Engineering team, you'll build and maintain the software for the new products and internal Core Automation and Engineering Tools that are at the heart of building our new products for the company that gave birth to big data. We're an extremely agile team that builds modern software built on cutting edge technology.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager, DevOps Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN