Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208983
Position Title: Test Engineer (II)
Primary responsibility will be performing feature testing for the Teradata cloud database features including understanding the feature specifications early in the development cycle to create test specifications, test cases and test plan in an agile environment.
Additional responsibility will include isolating and trouble shooting the problems, providing assistance to the developers in resolving problems related to the cloud database features in general.
Candidate will be expected to work closely with feature PO and scrum team. Programming skills in C, Java, Shell and Python are required. Having SQL knowledge will be an added advantage. The ideal candidate will also be able to write Feature / Unit Test cases and automation scripts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of programming experience and/or software testing experience.
- Ability to understand product features and functionalities from design documents and wherever necessary analyzing certain code modules, execute testing according to test plan and document results with some supervision.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
Feature testing for Teradata cloud database features, writing feature test specifications, developing the test cases and automating them, unit testing of bug fixes, providing assistance in debugging and isolating the problems,
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the feature testing of cloud database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and creation of test specifications, cases and plan as needed.
- Develop test scripts using SQL, Python, Shell scripting etc.
- Execute tests according to approved test plans.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Automation of developed test scripts and test cases
- Ability to adapt and work on dynamic changes in the project requirements
- Should work as part of the Agile scrum team
- Works with project team members, reports to Engineering Manager.
Software Development and Maintenance of test assets
- Strong programming skills with Python, Perl, Shell etc.
- Software development experience in Linux and could Environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
The following skills are desirable but not required:
- Cloud testing
- Teradata Database Knowledge
- Devops Experience
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN