Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208978
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This position is for a (Staff) Software Engineer in the cloud database organization. We are looking for a candidate to join our fast paced and cutting-edge development organization that is on the forefront of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy.
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
- Responsible for designing and implementing new complex cloud native features for Teradata SQL Engine by leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience in designing Concurrent/Multi-Threaded programming.
- Ability to carry out functional and performance analysis across various subsystem within a parallel computing database.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle for the product.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years of experience using advanced C/C++ in a highly parallel computing environment
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Deep understanding of data structures coupled with ability to write algorithms
- Exposure to RDBMS internals and working knowledge of SQL Joins
- Extensive working knowledge on various Query Optimization techniques
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing.
- Exposure to cloud services.
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure/GCP or any other public cloud environments.
- Exposure to various Benchmarks (e.g., TPCH/TPCDS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN