Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 208947
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery III
The Project Manager is responsible for providing pre – sales support, planning, scheduling, monitoring and directing projects on agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager will lead a single project or portfolio of projects depending upon size and complexity. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical and quality objectives. The Project Manager owns projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through complete closeout.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a Teradata consulting project or a collection of multiple projects
- Responsible for end to end engagement from inception to closure, ensure that right software development approach is followed.
- Identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives. Define the client’s requirements within the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks and success factors of a potential solution.
- Participate in scoping, planning, cost estimating, pricing of consulting projects, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables
- Ensure projects are completed on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Be responsible for and manage the budget/cost (P&L)
- Manage day-to-day relationship with all stakeholders including customer and resolution of issues if any.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution in line with the agreed business outcomes.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore team, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time.
- Manages and/or produces project financial and status reports for the engagement
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Responsible for preparation and compliance with internal controls and documents including participation in periodic reviews and audits as mandated by internal and client stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Graduate in any discipline, preferably an MBA from top business school with 8+ years of total experience.
- Atleast 2 years of experience in managing Data warehouse, Business intelligence, Migration, Application and Analytics projects.
- Good understanding of CMMi and ITIL frameworks.
- Proven experience record of minimum 6-8 years demonstrating the ability to manage successful project deliveries including strategic planning, budget/cost management (P&L), risk management and change management
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies on projects and in executing projects of different types eg. Development, data warehousing, migration, support.
- Solid understanding of agile and devops, Experience in projects using Agile delivery is mandatory and preferably in data analytics.
- Experience as a client facing/onsite project manager
- Atleast one of the certification from PMP, Agile, Six sigma, Prince2
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, viz. Communication/Finance/Aviation/ Manufacturing
- Customer centric with an ability to work in large teams.
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Emotional intelligence and an ardor of working with people.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK