Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 208946
The Program Manager is responsible for leading pre – sales activities and coordinating between different compliance and technical functions, program and project planning, scheduling, monitoring and directing the overall program on agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Program Manager will lead a program or portfolio of projects for key accounts. The Program Manager provides leadership to Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure the overall program as well as the constituent projects meet established time, cost, technical and quality objectives. The Program Manager owns the program and its constituent projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process, further projects that are eligible to add to it and will manage them through complete closeout.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a Teradata consulting program and its constituent projects.
- Resolve / Manage Cross Project Dependencies
- Responsible for success of Program / Projects along with project managers
- Optimize Resource utilization across constituent projects
- Establish accountability for achieving project objectives at Project team level
- Provide visibility on key Risks / Issues that may require customer and TD management support
- Requirement Analysis/estimations for new project or sources to be integrated
- Close coordination with customer Program Management in defining and understanding new initiatives/project(s)
- Responsible for end to end engagement from inception to closure, ensure that right software development approach is followed.
- Identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives. Define the client’s requirements within the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks and success factors of a potential solution.
- Participate in scoping, planning, cost estimating, pricing of consulting projects, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables
- Ensure constituent projects of the program are completed on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Be responsible for and manage the budget/cost (P&L)
- Manage day-to-day relationship with all stakeholders including customer and resolution of issues, if any.
- Manage client acceptance of the solution in line with the agreed business outcomes.
- Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Build a team, including Teradata employees, offshore team, and contractors.
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time.
- Manages and/or produces project financial and status reports for the engagement
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Lead engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Capture, articulate, plan and implement lessons learnt during the engagement proactively.
- Responsible for preparation and compliance with internal controls and documents including participation in periodic reviews and audits as mandated by internal and client stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Graduate in any discipline, preferably an MS or MBA from top business school with 12+ years of total experience.
- Atleast 6 years of experience in managing Data warehouse, Business intelligence, Migration, Application and Analytics programs / projects. Preferably 2 years managing programs
- Good practical understanding of Project Management best practices, CMMi and ITIL frameworks.
- Proven experience record of minimum 6-8 years demonstrating the ability to manage successful project deliveries including strategic planning, budget/cost management (P&L), risk management and change management
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies on projects and in executing projects of different types e.g. Development, data warehousing, migration, data science.
- Solid understanding of agile and devops, Experience in projects using Agile delivery is mandatory and preferably in data analytics.
- Experience as a client facing/onsite program manager
- Certifications such as PMP, Agile, Six sigma, Prince2 or equivalent
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, viz. Retail/Communication/Finance/Aviation/ Manufacturing
- Customer centric with an ability to work in large teams.
- Assertive yet diplomatic
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on team leadership, deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Emotional intelligence and an ardor of working with people.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures is needed
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome.
- Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK