Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208940
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (III)
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about automating development and production environments, owning a service from front to back, and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic hybrid cloud environment. In this role you will be center to helping design and operate environments that enable fast paced development and deployments while achieving high availability. Along with a systemic discipline, we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
- Design, deploy, and support new and existing Cloud Infrastructure in support of current customers and future growth.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding performance and configuration, including off hour’s escalations.
- Maintain system architecture documentation, run-books, diagrams, and assets in the configuration management database.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to system management including process and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor and tune system infrastructure to identify and eliminate issues and potential bottlenecks.
- Prepare and review periodic reports related to performance and capacity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a university degree; Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Related experience is defined as having expertise with Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP and demonstrated expertise with automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang.
- Subject matter expert with devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Expertise with networks such as VPN, VPC, privatelink and protocols.
- Proven capability working with threat models, security compliance such as Blackduck, Coverity, Nessus, Centrify, NxLog and AlertLogic.
- Proficiency with quality automation and automating test cases.
- Expertise with building and managing a service in the public cloud.
- Knowledge of quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Knowledge of Agile/SAFe project management methodologies and environments.
- Knowledge of designed cloud service & distributed system applications.
- Foundational understanding of serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Some familiarity with Teradata database including SQL is an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN