Associate Practice Lead - Managed Services (Cloud)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 208938
Position Title: Manager, Managed Services
Role - Managed Services - Associate Practice Lead (APL)
Location: Pune/ Mumbai
The GDC MS APL role is aligned to the Practice Management and building Team Capability within Practice.
- 12+ years of IT experience with 5-6 years solid experience in Cloud projects, ITIL, DevOps.
- Should have experience working with any of the following
- Cloud - Leading & Supporting Teradata Team to manage Azure / AWS / GCP infrastructure. Understanding areas of Cloud network administration, security administration, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support
- Migrating compute/storage/data platforms to Cloud
- Data Platform – e.g. Teradata/ Hadoop/ Oracle etc.
- Excellent Presentation and Communication skills
- Should have exposure to Pre-sales activities
- Excellent people management skills
Job Description / Responsibilities / Requirements
- Measurable Objectives:
- Plan Head Count
- Plan Attrition
- Plan Billable Objectives for Practice
- Training Objectives for Self and Practice
- Expense Management as per Organization guidelines
- Drive Continuous Practice Efficiency – Knowledge/Re-usable Assets, Skill Development, Team Capability Enhancement, Delivery Efficiencies, Adoption of new tools/technologies
- Ensures new knowledge is encapsulated in the form of best practices, processes and tools.
- Ensuring resources are trained to utilize established methodologies, tools and best practices and in the resource development role, provide the leadership required to continuously improve these assets through encapsulation of field based experience
- Responsible for the development of core knowledge and capabilities for Infrastructure/Operational
- Lead and manage the people having the delivery responsibility in the areas of Cloud administration and operations, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support
- Support Project Delivery
- Enable Teradata Teams to manage 24x7 public cloud infrastructure and ecosystem in a shared services model hosting multiple customer environments.
- Direct reporting manager for all technical resources within practice group, and recommends promotions, merits, and required HR action
- Contribute to bid review and solutioning during presales and implementation phases
- Cloud Services based project transition from Architecture, Implementation to Operations phase
- Integration/Synergy of Practice Operations across various locations
- Work closely with MS Sr. Practice Managers and peer managers to support day to day Practice Operations
- Create & Manage “Practice Centers of Excellence”
- Contribute to Pre-Sales activity
- Work with Teradata/GDC Support Groups – Biz. Ops, Resource Management, Training, HR & Staffing, CRE, F&A etc.
- Have direct reporting responsibility of the fresh graduates as part of the College Hire Program and be responsible for their training and development plans, career development, billability and utilization, skill enhancement etc.
- Administers performance improvement plans when required for resources
- Participates in recruiting, interview and resource selection including people development, training & certification
- Presentations to internal & external customers of GDC on cloud projects handled within the practice.
- Up to 50%, but varies based on client, project or internal activities
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Practice Lead - Managed Services (Cloud)
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN