Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 208923
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II+
Job Title: BI Consultant
Job Category: Permanent
Location: Islamabad / Lahore
Role: BI Consultant (MicroStrategy/ Tableau)
This is a project oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering services and solutions. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This person shall also play a leadership role within the project teams, managing communications with delivery managers and clients as well as a technical lead during development.
Areas of Responsibility
- This individual will be responsible for BI support - New report development, report maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, etc.
- Interface with other Teradata customers, account teams and technical support staff as needed to resolve complex technical issues
- Provide technical expertise to data warehouse clients that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Effectively analyze, resolve and document business problems with minimal oversight from senior management (i.e. accountable for owning and resolving issues)
- Candidate should be experienced enough to support GTM team during the sales process by effective estimations, work planning and P&Ls.
- Effectively multi-task between initiatives and consistently produce quality deliverables requiring minimal QA from peers/supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively coach and mentor; regarded and sought by more junior staff as a coach and mentor
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering or related fields is preferred
- Post-Graduate degree is a plus
- Excellent Consulting, Oral and Written communication and Presentation skills
- Strong SQL and Database experience with a major RDBMS (for example Teradata, SQL Server, DB/2, Oracle)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in IT
- 4+ years of overall BI experience with Customer facing project experience
- Any background/experience with Graphic Design
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Modelling, Database Architecture
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL Methodologies
- Successfully delivered projects following Agile methodology
- Minimum 4+ years of BI Experience
- Must be open to cross-training on a different BI tool i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc
- Leadership experience (Either Technical Lead or Project Manager)
- Candidates must have experience with at minimum 1 of the following front end Reporting tools:
- MicroStrategy (Version 9.x or higher)
- Object Creation: Attributes, Facts, Metrics
- Reports & Dashboard Creation
- Familiarity with MSTR Web portal & subscription services
- I-Cubes, Attribute relationships, Hierarchies, Custom SQL reporting and advanced VLDB setting
- Experience with Localization, Transaction Services, API Customization or Datamarts preferred but not required
- Tableau (Desktop 9, 10, 10.1, Server)
- Experienced in Metadata development
- Experienced in development of data sources, data extracts including data blending
- Experienced in Report development
- Experienced in development of complex visualizations & advance chart types
- Experienced in development of complex dashboards & story boards
- Must be able to develop and use Calculations, Parameters & Quick table Calculations
- Experienced in custom geocoding techniques
- Working knowledge of Tableau Server
- Expertise in next generation BI tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlik will be a plus
Community / Marketing Title: BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK