Senior Information Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208916
Position Title: Information Engineer (III)
Senior Information Architect
Location: San Diego, CA / Bay Area, CA / Raleigh, NC / El Segundo, CA
What’s the opportunity?
We are welcoming a Senior DITA Information Architect to our team of skilled technical communicators and content operation experts. In this role, you help connect dots, shape the end-to-end content journey, and build a helpful experience for our cloud-based software and services. This is your opportunity to learn and grow in a mature DITA content development environment.
As an Information Architect at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience as you analyze, design, and construct technical documentation deliverables for multiple formats, to help our half a million users efficiently perform their job. Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, you put the content users seek right at their fingertips.
- Stay laser-focused on the customer and champion a delightful and helpful content experience, making sure our documentation architecture exceeds expectations for that of a cloud software provider, providing a helping hand right when the user needs it.
- Work with content developers to produce top-notch technical information for our users, including Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and developers, guiding them through our cloud-focused solutions seamlessly. Content formats include in-product help, guided tours, web-based user guides, programming references, use cases, examples, and more.
- Provide technical architectural direction and support for content developers, making sure we use our DITA development environment efficiently and correctly. Examples include the use of filtering, versioning, reuse, metadata, etc.
- Perform advanced tasks in our DITA/CCMS environment, where attention to detail is of the essence.
- Work with other Information Architects to align and approach content problems in a consistent and efficient manner. It’s essential that we keep our extensive content aligned.
- Determined to never hold anybody up, organize and prioritize your work to provide timely support and feedback to the team.
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Keep your skills current and actively contribute to evolving our best practices, identify opportunities to improve our content, and make our processes more efficient.
- As needed, author technical content.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least five years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience and good technical knowledge of DITA XML and component content management systems (CCMS), enabling you to troubleshoot issues and develop effective architectural implementations. We author using Ixiasoft CCMS and oXygen editor.
- Experience developing technical documentation and good grasp of tech writing best practices, preferably for cloud software and service providers.
- Service minded and positive collaborator. Ability to process writers’ requests in a timely fashion, and patiently educate others on tools and standards when needed.
- Great attention to detail, but ability to also see the bigger picture and business needs.
- Curiosity, desire, and skill to excel within different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new technologies, trends, and concepts as they come along.
- Apt at being simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative. You can take an assignment and run with it and take charge when needed.
- An understanding that standards should be both followed and challenged.
- Product experience: Experience using or documenting analytics or database software and applications.
- Technical knowledge: CSS, HTML, Python, R, API, SQL, and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Developing and publishing web content, following SEO best practices.
- Developing documentation in an agile environment.
- Technical Editing.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Information Architect
Job Category: IT
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US