Associate Practice Manager
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 208914
Position Title: Technology Consulting IV
Associate Practice Manager – Data Engineering
The Associate Practice Manager leads one of the three Data Engineering practices in Global Delivery Center (GDC) Pakistan. The Associate Manager is required to lead, manage, and support the execution and delivery of client solutions from a services and delivery perspective. The Associate Manager develops the capabilities of team in terms of demand creation, project delivery, resource and people management, and the recruitment, development, and retention of associates. The Associate Manager plans, organizes, and coordinates the long range and day to day activities of the business, focusing on quality, process, profitability, and people.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and support the Data Engineering sub-practice within GDC Pakistan while facilitating continuous growth and profitability.
- In collaboration with GDC Data Engineering Practice Manager and GDC Solution Leads strategically plan, organize and execute on project and engagement planning including assignment of associates.
- Direct and coach subordinates to execute data management responsibilities including data extraction, ingestion, integration and presentation layers.
- Develop new skills and capabilities in the field of data management.
- Active participation in training curriculum development for the team.
- Accountable for the project assignment, reviews and day to day operational matters of the team.
- Provide technical leadership for the team and take part in post-sale activities.
- Develop and coach team in embracing new tools, technologies and methods to achieve excellence in technical implementation and processes.
- Provide sales support as a subject matter expert to solution leadership as it relates to PS.
Education and Experience
- Engineering, BS Computer Science, MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience. Desired certifications track in PM, Informatica, DataStage, Teradata, Ab-Initio, Cloud etc.
- Demonstrating the ability to manage a successful business and P&L.
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines, such as ETL, BI, DWH, Business Operations with a proven ability and record of success.
- Proven experience in managing large multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies
- Technical Skills & experience in project activities is required
- Proven relevant experience record of 5 years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage successful deliveries in area of ETL/Data Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years as an internal or external consultant with broad project management, data warehouse and business intelligence exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently to manager large group of resources
- Customer Service Orientation — Maintains ongoing relationships with clients to support a strong relationship, mutual understanding, and meeting of their needs and repeat business.
- Seize Opportunities — Takes decisive action on emerging opportunities in a rapidly changing ambiguous environment.
- Think Strategically — Critically evaluates, synthesizes, and interrelates information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decision.
- Transform strategy into Results — Gets results and adds value to the organization by managing strategy to action. Assumes personal responsibility for achieving business results.
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Fluency in English language. Additional language knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Practice Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK