Senior Director, Customer Services and Support
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 208903
Position Title: Sr Director Service Experience
Geo Leader (Director), Customer Services and Support
The Teradata Geo Leader, Customer Services and Support is responsible for service delivery and operations within their area of responsibility. This includes delivery of services by the aligned Service Experience Managers (SEMs), System Support Engineers and delivery partners or through strong partnerships with various service affiliated functions (Services Account Manager, Global Support, Sustaining Engineering, and Engineering) to ensure agreed upon customer requirements are met and service issues are resolved in a professional manner and aligned with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
What You’ll Do
- Lead the transformation of our business by leading our customers and our current state organization to a XaaS model with a fully integrated model across Managed Services (MS), Cloud Operations and Customer Support (CS) offers and delivery.
- Develop and build the services business plan for the assigned Geo ensuring alignment and connectivity across GTM teams while providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and professional development.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key assigned customers, industry partners, and external organizations
- Lead all operational aspects of Field Services to speed time-to-value through tools and processes to deliver an exceptional experience to end-users.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring for the team, fostering a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building.
- Ensure successful execution of the GTM strategies designed to drive and increase consumption through strong business Lead the development of service delivery capabilities to meet SLA requirements in a cost-effective, innovative, and efficient manner.
- Provide thought leadership and input on service offers and requirements and implement deployment of service offers to grow further consumption and evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Improve customer satisfaction by ensuring timely service response, providing maintenance according to contract requirements, and by assisting in the resolution of customer complaints in a timely manner. Ensure customer KPIs and system metrics are monitored, available and utilized by the SEM when holding technical and executive reviews; participate as needed in executive reviews.
- Lead Geo’s contractual delivery of services to Teradata Customers (delivering to scope and managing risk).
- Serve as an executive escalation and remedy point-of-contact as needed for heightened customer issues or concerns.
- Participate in Teradata or client-sponsored service reviews, security audits, and risk assessments as needed, or required
- Manage talent deployed across the area in the Operations Management, Service Experience Management, and matrixed Services Account Management functions to ensure operational needs are addressed, ensure the team is functioning with direct accountability towards the customer experience.
- Requires a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in business and/or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing service delivery teams in a customer-focused environment
- 10+ years’ experience working in a technology company in a technical capacity
- Proven experience leading organizations and teams through a transformation.
- Customer obsessed with significant experience in working with customers to drive offerings and operational execution.
- Ability to influence customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated strength in talent ding hiring top performers, developing to top performance, and retention of key contributors.
- Collaborative, open and flexible style with a strong customer service mindset; ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Strong operational knowledge and experience within a field or service affiliated organization.
Job Location: Tokyo
*This Job requires Native Level Japanese Language Skills
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Customer Services and Support
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP