Sales Development Representative
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208893
Position Title: Sales Development Specialist (I)
Do you possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, and intense enthusiasm? We are currently looking for an innovative, enthusiastic Business Development Representative to identify and qualify sales opportunities within our American Sales organization.
The Business Development Representative is passionate about partnering with Regional Sales Leadership, Account Executives and Marketing to generate demand and determine prospect needs, proactive account mapping, and account penetration within assigned accounts.
- Conduct prompt follow-up activity to inquiries generated by marketing campaigns
- Conduct research on accounts. Develop an understanding of the account's business issues and other relevant information. Thoroughly research an account’s infrastructure, business needs and org chart.
- Assist in educating prospects about the data warehousing and data analytics markets, and Teradata's solutions
- Track marketing programs, provide feedback on quality of contacts, and provide input for new marketing programs
- Maintain current knowledge of Teradata's products, partner product offerings, industry/product solutions, customer applications, competitive product differences as well as evolving strategies
- Attend regional sales meetings
- Qualify and nurture leads and contacts to various stages of the sales cycle
- Review, enrich, and convert lead records into contacts to support target accounts
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales for planning, enablement, execution, and lead hand off
- 1-2 years of experience
- Must be comfortable cold calling and qualifying leads with high energy
- Must be a highly effective communicator, through written and oral presentations to all levels of contacts, internal and external
- Proven ability to establish rapport, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to act strategically and in conjunction with an Account Team to develop and deliver on a region’s requirements
- Has exceeded goals and quotas consistently in previous positions
- Previous relevant experience with data warehouse or enterprise software/service companies a plus
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com, marketing automation platforms (Eloqua a plus), Integrated Data Warehouse, and other B2B software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with senior marketing leaders and C-level executives
- Expert attention to detail, objective problem-solving attitude, and a hunger to learn
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Previous experience in leveraging various channels for outreach, research and nurturing including but not limited to marketing automation tools, social media, CRM
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1-mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 11 years running
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Development Representative
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US