Renewals Account Manager
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 208872
Position Title: CFL Account Partner III
The Renewal Account Manager is responsible for driving the end-to-end renewal lifecycle for assigned customers. As part of Teradata’s Go-To-Market (GTM) organisation, this position will serve as the primary sales role responsible for renewing customers and will partner closely with the Account team to ensure effective account collaboration and cancels and erosions prevention.
The Renewal Account Manager will be responsible for managing a territory of customers to business objectives including recurring revenue retention and growth, on-time renewal execution, and outlook accuracy. The Renewal Account Manager will work with the account team on account planning to identify customer needs/risks and opportunities both in preparation for upcoming renewals as well as mid-term adjustments. The Renewal Account Manager is responsible for being the expert in Teradata’s renewal strategy and works directly with the customer to negotiate standard and custom renewals including negotiating terms, SLAs and penalties. The Renewal Account Manager will align the renewal strategy with the Account Executive to achieve optimal results.
A key responsibility of the Renewal Account Manager is completing and executing preventive actions on potential Cancellations and Erosions, leveraging early insights and collaborating with Customer Success Management, Services Delivery Management and Customer Services Management. The Renewal Account Manager will be responsible for the development, application and delivery of cancel and erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
As an integrated member of the customer account team, this role is primarily responsible for retaining recurring revenue across Teradata’s business through exceptional renewal sales execution. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships with both internal and customer stakeholders.
Renewal Scope Areas Include:
- Renewals includes any revenue in Teradata that has been previously sold and should be retained through repeat contracting on a scheduled basis. Including Term, Rental, Cloud, Maintenance, Managed Services and SWUR.
- Turn-key Renewals: Renewal Account Manager will own the oversight of the renewal process, managing customer engagement supported by the process from the Renewal Specialist Team.
- Complex Renewals: Renewal Account Manager will own full lifecycle of the renewal, once the initial quote has been developed by the Renewal Specialist. Renewal Account Manager will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer.
- Cloud, Managed Services, Maintenance and Success Services: Renewal Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Renewal Account Manager will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer
- Upsell/Cross-Sell/New-Sell: In certain circumstances the Renewal Account Manager will own the sales cycle for the generation of new revenue. This will be part of the normal renewal lifecycle in accounts, where there is opportunity to expand the scope of the renewal to new business, like increasing a customer support Success Tier.
- Third party contracts: Renewal Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Will refine, discuss, negotiate with 3rd party providers, internal Alliance Partner teams and close the renewal directly with the customer.
- Customer Presentations: Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and renewal strategy. Renewal Contract documentation: Be responsible for overseeing or/and preparation & development of renewal contract/SOW as necessary.
Account planning, selling and negotiating are core elements of success in this role. This role will focus on:
- Effective account planning and renewal preparation, leveraging the entire Teradata portfolio to protect and drive recurring revenue growth
- Renewing Teradata's recurring revenue footprint with existing customers with on-time accuracy and oversight of all contract lifecycle management activities
- Creation and execution of Cancel and Erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
- Maintaining forecast accuracy and participating in Sales Outlook cadence calls
- Participate in quarterly services delivery and operational excellence reviews
It will be vital for the Renewal Account Manager to build relationships and drive collaboration with the Renewal Specialist, Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, Engagement Manager, and Service Experience Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated sales success managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Renewals Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG