Intern - Open Analytics Framework
Location: Wichita, Kansas US
Requisition Number: 208868
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. Teradata solutions work on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between—this is known as pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. Many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata. Even as individuals, there is one thing that we passionately share—our united goal of making Teradata, and our people, the best we can be.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics, and in the management of a variety of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Teradata Database and the Analytic Engine that seamlessly combine best-in-class data storage and warehousing capabilities with leading-edge analytics. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Their trust has been earned because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence–just like we do.
- Hone your cloud microservice development skills on an exciting project using innovative technologies.
- Design, implement and test REST APIs.
- Work within a modern agile software engineering team.
- Gain experience with the tools and processes used to build high-quality software, including automated testing, peer code reviews.
- Learn to balance the immediate deliverables for a project with the long-term platform vision.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Design, implement, test, and deploy microservices in a CICD pipeline that provide REST interfaces to other microservices.
- Work with architects and product owners to translate requirements into the next set of cloud functionality.
- Write well-designed and fully tested production-quality code.
- Communicating status and progress of deliverables to schedule
- Sharing learnings and innovations with your team and stakeholders
- Candidates with strong interests and academic qualifications/research focus in
- Distributed Systems
- Linux Systems Internals and computer architecture
- Cloud Services and Microservice Architecture
- Adhere to Teradata’s guidelines and design constraints for building reusable and extensible features that utilize other Teradata shared services
Your Minimum qualifications and preferences
- Having or pursuing a B.S or M.S degree in computer science or closely related field
- Preferably having or pursuing a master’s or PhD in the same fields
Your Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements
- Top-notch programming skills in Go or Java, C/C++, Python, SQL
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, proactive, initiative taker, good communicator (both written and verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with various cloud and database technologies
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Open Analytics Framework
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wichita, Kansas US