Intern - Data Science Workbench Interface
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 208867
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. Teradata solutions work on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between—this is known as pervasive data intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. Many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment that is Teradata. Even as individuals, there is one thing that we passionately share—our united goal of making Teradata, and our people, the best we can be.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics, and in the management of a variety of structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Teradata Database and the Analytic Engine that seamlessly combine best-in-class data storage and warehousing capabilities with leading-edge analytics. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Their trust has been earned because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence–just like we do.
The Advanced analytics group at Teradata has an opening for Software Engineer Intern in the Data Science and Language group; you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for Teradata Vantage.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and inter-services API’s
- Build a scalable interface for modern analytics product
- Operate from an Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- Have a spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- Display a natural curiosity for new scripting languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Work with industry leading data science workbench product to enhance their integration with Vantage.
- Maintain high personal coding and development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc.)
- Adhere to Teradata’s guidelines and design constraints for building reusable and extensible features that utilize other Teradata shared services
Your Minimum qualifications and preferences
- Having or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, or closely related field
- Preferably having or pursuing a master’s or PhD in the same fields
Your Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements
- Top-notch programming skills in Python, Java; some SQL preferred
- Passionate, self-motivated, risk taker, proactive, initiative taker, good communicator (both written and verbal), creative, and team-oriented
- Familiarity with database technologies, Data Science workbenches, user interfaces
- Some experience using Agile software development methods and tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Data Science Workbench Interface
Job Category: College & Interns
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US