Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208863
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 400 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
C/C++/DS Develeloper Job Requirement
Responsible for development of software enhancements to the Teradata RDBMS software and the components associated to support the Data Stream Architecture, our backup/restore solution. Participate in analysis, design, code, test major software components according to a standard development process, with focus to enhancing the feature functions and bug resolutions. Gain deep skills in the existing product by way of reverse engineering the code and developing a sound knowledge for design, development and support of the product areas. Candidate will be expected to work closely with team manager.
- BE./B.Tech/M.Tech. in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Minimum experience of at least 8 years with exposure to good software development.
Skill set requirements:
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development.
- Strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database
- Good analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Sound software engineering principles
- Exposure to storage, filesystems will be advantage
- Working knowledge or exposure cloud technologies would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle.
- Use of Agile methodologies and tools will be an advantage
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN