GTM Insights & Analytics Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208860
Position Title: Manager, Business Intelligence
This role is responsible for leading efforts related to go-to-market analytics & must deliver on key projects and dashboards that drive more effective & efficient sales organization. This role requires balancing and influencing multiple competing priorities and individuals. The individual will report to the head of Sales Operations & Enablement, but must work cross-functionally with senior leadership across Field Sales, Sales Ops, Marketing, Product Management, Finance, and others
The role will be responsible for managing several individuals in achieving the strategic goals of each program in a timely and efficient manner, as well as support the career development and growth of each resource. However, the role is expected to be player & coach – rolling up your sleeves to get work done directly is as critical as well as structuring and providing guidance to your team.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive analytic strategy and platform for the go-to-market organization with the primary focus of enabling the field
- Ensure strong plans and KPIs are in place at multiple levels (global, regional, and industry vertical)
- Embed a data-driven mindset throughout the go-to-market organization and manage report and dashboard development
- Lead a team, develop and coach team members
- Design and Develop Power BI reports, dashboards and dataflows
- Collaborate with data warehouse team to provide strategy and assist with the building of new semantic views and the addition of new source data
- Support management in strategic, operational planning and ensure decisions in line with overall Teradata approach and goals
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the Sales Operations organization with cross-functional teams
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Frame and break down complex business problems into key components, design analysis to drive insights and answers to critical questions, and recommend practical solutions to get results
- Collect & analyze data, information, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issue
- Bridge the gap between technology teams and the business, especially when communicating requirements and determining optimal solutions
- Craft presentations for all audiences (individual contributors, line managers, and top executives)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other STEM field =
- Strong analytical background with 5-7+ years of experience, at least some of which was within a Sales, Sales Operations, or Consulting environment
- Experience using Power BI or similar BI tools is required
- Advanced SQL writing capabilities and expert Excel knowledge
- Data Modeling experience - Strong sense of appropriate data models and ability to coach others on data modelling
- Ability to effectively lead through ambiguity is critical for success in the role.
- Advanced degree (MBA or Masters degree in STEM field) preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in the technology industry preferred
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Salesforce Analytics, SSAS, and Teradata
- Knowledge of key requirements for an optimal enterprise data architecture for analytics
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: GTM Insights & Analytics Manager
Job Category: Business Development
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US