Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 208859
Position Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We’re looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager that has experience in building and supporting large-scale distributed systems on public cloud infrastructure platform.
- Architect, design, and implement efficient and reusable user interface and back-end services that drive complex workflows in integrating different Vantage Cloud platform capabilities and aggregating them in an intuitive console / dashboard.
- Take ownership of the feature and services from inception to operating in production and provide engineering and operational leadership with close partnership with global teams.
- Experience in communicating with customers, collaborating with technical/design teams, and senior management to define requirements and describe product features
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Cross-team collaboration with user experience, product management, and documentation teams, as well as technical leaders from other engineering teams on driving the vision from engineering standpoint and helping remove bottlenecks in its implementation.
- Hire and retain a world-class and diverse full-stack engineering team
- Demonstrated progressive work experience of 12-15 years of designing, building, and deploying distributed systems in production of which 3+ years is in Engineering Management.
- Experience leading a team of full-stack cloud engineers in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding and foundation in developing microservices in Serverless architecture is expected.
- Advocate of building cloud native services and applications with strong focus on DevOps principles like CI/CD, TDD and Automation
- Experience with a relational and non-relational data stores (Postgres, Redis, etc.) and text query engines (Elasticsearch, Lucene, etc.)
- Exposure to one or more Public cloud environments (AWS or Azure or GCP) for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS applications.
- Inspiring and self-motivated individual driving strong sense of purpose and agility.
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stack.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a global team.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN