Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208850
Position Title: Test Engineer (II)
We are looking for a software test engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s DSA team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Vantage, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 1 years of test engineering experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct Feature/functional to ensure quality of the product.
- Create test cases business-critical scenarios.
- Understand the roles of scalability, capacity, and reliability as quality attributes and requirements.
- Understand how to setup/create test data and data management.
- Be part of monthly release testing.
- Run new feature along with regression tests.
- Work with testing team to develop feature/functional test plans and cases.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
- Write test cases for the new feature, perform feature testing and automate the test cases.
- Provide support in project design, development and deployment activities.
- Develop automated test scenarios and environments for performance testing.
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Generate performance test summary reports for management review.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures.
- Coordinate with developers/architects to continuously improve performance.
- Perform different types of testing such as Load/Stress/Aggregate/Endurance testing/API Testing
- Identify your goals, requirements, workload model and your stakeholders.
- Understanding and designing test frameworks for test automation and testing technology trends
- Proven experience on different types of testing including functional and non-functional areas such as performance, security, stress, resiliency, etc.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development.
- Passionate about testing and quality.
- Testing experience in backup solutions or database and/or data analytics product releases.
- Experience in working on UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Experience in REST API testing.
- Proficient in any of the scripting language – Python/shell. Worked on Pytest framework.
- Excellent knowledge of database objects and good in writing any SQL queries. Will give priority to someone who has knowledge in Teradata database.
- Experience in testing tool will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledgeable in CICD and DevOps tools.
- Good knowledge of storage domain – Backup and recovery process will be an added advantage.
- Experience in any cloud environment.
- Good fundamentals in Software Engineering, software testing in storage/file systems/backup and restore solutions.
- Cloud exposure is an advantage.
- Hardware and storage domain knowledge are preferred.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN