PMO Director IT, Security and Enterprise Analytics
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208848
Position Title: Director, IT Program Management
PMO Director of the Office of the CIO candidate is required to continue to mature existing program/project management capabilities servicing functional groups including IT, Security, and Enterprise Analytics. This will require refinement and focused execution of all related processes, procedures, and governance required to operate and execute programs and projects successfully in a global environment. Additionally, candidate will be required to build relationships across the organization to ensure appropriate portfolio planning, prioritization. engagement, ownership and business requirements are established for all projects and programs. Candidate is responsible establishing practices across the portfolio to monitor project / program execution and remediate issues and risks. Candidate should possess superior communication and collaboration skills with an ability to engage at all levels of the global organization.
Additionally, the successful candidate will;
- Lead the portfolio planning, prioritization and financial accountability for all functional groups with the office of the CIO
- Be accountable for managing and reporting on the entire portfolio to the leadership team within the office of the CIO as well as key business stakeholders
- Ensure the portfolio is in alignment with key business strategies, technology architecture principles, and processes transformation initiatives
- Facilitate consistent methodology, common metrics, schedule adherence, budget achievement and benefits realization
- Communicate with key business stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure solutions meet business requirements & financial benefits are achieved
- Identify cross-project interdependencies, risks and business change impacts
- Lead regular project reviews with the appropriate audience driving accountability and quality assurance
- Develop project management team and provide necessary coaching to ensure common practices and methodologies are appropriately administered
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead Office of the CIO portfolio planning and prioritization
- Drive measurable financial management and accountability practices within and across projects and programs
- Confirm alignment and execution of all IT projects / programs and initiatives
- Own and manage program governance process & operating model, including updates to executive-level management
- Assign and monitor work of program and project management staff and related PMO staff
- Establish program metrics, monitor effectiveness and results of programs and adjust accordingly
- Ensure business change management impacts are documented and adoption plans created
- Oversee the program budget(s) demonstrating advanced skills in financial management and budgeting, as well as procurement and contract negotiations
- Act as an escalation point to drive collaboration with program and project team members to resolve conflicts, project issues, and deviations and drives them to resolution
- Lead the continuous development of the program management culture; work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
- Provide ongoing leadership to direct reports; ensuring functional progress to achieve or exceed goals, objectives and other targets
- Drive harmonized industry-best practice process across all divisions and geographies
- Influence IT leadership on best practices and resources for effective project management
- Minimum 10+ years of industry experience in a complex global organization with 8+ years’ experience directing, leading, or managing multi-million dollar IS / business programs
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a leadership role(s) at the Sr. Manager / Director level
- Prior major business-system solution required
- Professional Program Manager with proven track record of delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving business objectives – PMI Certification desired
- Seen as a change agent and future leader of the company
- Ability to maintain strong relationships across Teradata business units and geographies and include multiple constituents within a project
- Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications
- High level understanding of “end to end” global business processes & sub-processes
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Previous experience with programs and / or department budgets and financial management.
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in Agile software development
- Experience managing projects with a global footprint
- Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
- Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
- Familiarity with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP (Oracle), BI, HCM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
Education & Special Trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Administration or equivalent required.
- Master's degree in MIS, MBA or related disciplines is preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: PMO Director IT, Security and Enterprise Analytics
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US