Staff Devops Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 208845
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
The Candidate needs to have at least 10 years of experience in utilizing the latest technology and best in class tools/services to develop and implement 100% DevOps Framework/automation towards build, deploy and validate the product on all supported platforms (on-premises, cloud and Hybrid environments). We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Expertise in Designing and Architecting CI/CD process and tools for Teradata Software delivery based on the requirements
- Ability to evaluate and Re-define existing Architecture/s and framework and provide recommendations for increased adoption and efficiency
- Experience in developing DevOps culture
- Strong experience in adopting cloud services and containerization
- Ability to guide and mentor the a technical team and provide strategic and technical thought leadership
- Demonstrate strong cross-functional technical leadership and collaborating with operations and engineering teams to deliver product/services that are scalable, reliable and secure
- Excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives
- Strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments and
- Strong experience in scripting and programming languages such as Shell and Python.
- Ability to review and provide critical feedback on deployment and delivery pipelines. Implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies, Code branching strategies along with configuration management practices in Unix and Linux-based environment
- Sound knowledge and experience of cloud-based environments
- Must have good knowledge in release, change and service management.
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Manager, and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review DevOps framework and related automation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of programming experience in Devops and quality areas.
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible etc.)
- Experience on CI/CD tool stack such as code coverage, scanning, etc.,
- Knowledge in Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Deep Experience in architecting and implementing CICD framework
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Exposure to Agile development model and corresponding tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in database products is a plus
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as CloudStack, VMware, AWS etc.
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST)
CICD framework needs to be envisioned and developed to validate the product e2e from development check-in thru deployment. This includes automating the build, deploy and test phases at feature and integration level.
- Ability to visualize 100% automation in CICD framework
- Excellent programming skills with scripting languages such as Perl, Python
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment (i.e. Test and build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, Ant)
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,) and branching strategies
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Devops Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN