Lead Incident Response Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208839
Position Title: Security Engineer (IV)
Incident Response Specialist
As the Lead Incident Response Specialist, you will collaborate across business units to execute incident handling best practices with direct response to security incidents and investigations. Reporting to the head of the Incident Response and Investigations practice, the Lead Incident Response Specialist will focus on cyber incident response and forensic investigations. In addition, this role will assist in the development and enhancement of the existing processes and procedures for gathering, handling, searching, retrieving, digital and/or physical evidence involved with cyber security incidents.
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career. While we would prefer to fill the position in San Diego, we are open to considering other locations at this time.
- Experience with designing and implementing incident response processes, to include conducting tabletop exercises
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of information security incidents
- Conduct forensics on endpoints and network data, malware and log analysis to identify, contain and remediate incidents in the environment.
- Collect, process, and analyze electronically stored information (ESI) obtained from network, cloud, and end-user digital sources in accordance with industry and legal standards.
- Recognize attacker tools, tactics and procedures (TTPs) and indicators of compromise (IOCs) to mature the security posture of the company.
- Maintain and recommend changes or improvements to the Security Incident Response Plan.
- Mentor team members in incident response capabilities.
- Ability to clearly document in writing and effectively communicate the findings, opinions, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field. Equivalent experience or certification (CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC) also acceptable.
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in information security.
- 3+ years in a position handling Incident Response and forensics
- Experience with security technologies such as EDR, AV, firewalls, IPS/IDS, etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Incident Response Specialist
Job Category: Security
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US