Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 208829
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II+
Senior Data Scientist
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will perform analysis, and be responsible for the implementation and support of large scale data and analytics for our clients. You will work in a team whose data science efforts range from exploration and investigation to the design and development of analytic systems. Your technical leadership in extracting meaning from large scale, unstructured data is coupled to your ability to work with engineering teams to integrate with underlying systems as Teradata provides Big Data solutions to clients.
Additionally, you will provide technical and managerial leadership in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large scale cluster data processing systems. Develop new business and manage existing client relationships. Mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results. Help Teradata establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary, and representing Teradata at industry conferences. Help grow Teradata as a world-class professional services organization.
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience mentoring and training
- Proven expert at software development
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Ability to analyze data
- Data integration
- Strong team player capable of working in a demand start-up environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations in R, Python or other "non-big-data" technologies. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Generating data profiles including measures of central tendency, measures of deviation, and correlations over Hadoop & Spark or other approved big-data technology. Generation of basic charts (e.g. histograms, scatter plots, line charts) for data analysis purposes.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using R-Shiny, Ipython Notebooks, Zeppelin or other approved open-source visualization technology.
- Design, develop and implement dashboards & reports using Qlik Sense and Tableau on top of the Dashboard Engine or leveraging another Big Data API such as Spark Livy or another approved API
- Calculating and interpreting ANOVA models, ANCOVA models, hypothesis tests, and confidence intervals.
- Creating and interpreting at least one type of each of these statistical models: GLM, CART, ensembles.
- Creating and interpreting one of these models: k-means, hierarchical agglomerative clustering, or approved other clustering model.
- Able to write technical reports for projects and/or internal collateral for training or internal assets.
- Able to write non-technical documents that describe our offer (or solutions) for a non-technical audiences. This can include a delivery presentation for a non-technical audience, a conference presentation or marketing material
- Able to deliver presentations during client meetings, conferences or sales events to explain our offers, positioning, solutions to a technical and non-technical audiences.
- Defining tasks required to complete project goals; estimating efforts and timelines.
- Delegating and managing activities through completion; tracking progress; and updating plans where needed.
- Successfully completed an analytics agenda including activities captured in Descriptive Statistics, Exploratory Visualizations, and at least 2 activities from Basic Modeling.
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP