Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey US
Requisition Number: 208826
Position Title: Account Executive V
In this role, the Account Executive is responsible for driving Teradata’s growth engine by extending relationships with existing clients. The territory covers three of the largest US-based pharmaceutical manufacturers, all based in the NYC/NJ/PA area. To be successful, you need to be an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for developing, setting and maintaining the account strategy for overall engagement with the client focused on delivering business value solutions
- Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the sales process and closing sales opportunities
- Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions could be applied and can articulate the value of these solutions.
- Builds and manages relationships with high-level customer decision makers
- Coordinates overall Teradata engagement with client, involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process
- Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings
- Collaboration with Teradata’s go-to-market partner alliance network, including large strategic consultancies, Cloud providers, and ISVs
- Bachelor’s Degree, as a minimum requirement
- Proven successful track record of growing an existing customer base via business value selling, via a consultative and complex sales cycle
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly with executives and decision makers at a senior level (VP+)
- Industry knowledge (specific to pharmaceutical industry) providing innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Knowledge of the Pharma Industry, from both selling to and preferable working in the industry
- Master’s Degree
- Prior experience with analytic solutions and technologies
- Preference to geography of the key clients (NY/NJ/PA) and the ability to readily travel to other US locations for client and internal meetings
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New Brunswick
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New Brunswick, New Jersey US