Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 208822
Position Title: Technology Consulting I+
The Data Developer specializes in the design and development of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to appropriate structures within the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop, Open Source Systems, and various other systems. Conversely, the Data Developer will also acquire data from Teradata sources such as the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop, and other open source platforms, to apply to appropriate structures within any other customer system. The Data Developer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. These tools may include direct interfaces supplied with Teradata, Hadoop, as well as third party data integration tools. The Data Developer will be key to implementing Teradata projects in both the public and private cloud as well as on premises, and needs to be familiar with best practices for working within these environments and within mixed environments. The Data Developer may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The Data Developer may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL requirements – note this includes all data integration techniques such as ELT, etc.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata, Hadoop, and other data platforms.
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency.
- Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data.
- Able to complete business requirements analysis, organize, and related ETL design and development.
- Complete the requirements analysis, data modeling, preparation of business definitions and related documents.
- Responsible for the data warehouse project database management, performance monitoring ,and optimization.
- 3+ years of data warehouse or BI projects experience and banking experience is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools , RDBMS Theory and the SQL language.
- Ability to understand and properly use data integration techniques such as ETL and ELT.
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
- Can use perl, shell, C and other computer language development is preferred.
- Familiar with Linux / Unix environment Common Operations Command.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works independently.
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN