Teradata QueryGrid Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 208793
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata QueryGrid Software Engineer
Teradata QueryGrid team intersects all of our analytic technologies in order to help Teradata extend its traditional Data Warehouse lead along with integrating the best data sources and analytic engines available into a common Analytical Ecosystem where the data lives and moves seamlessly through the environment for analytic processing. Be at the forefront of this Big Data Evolution and help Teradata solve the biggest and hardest data management challenges from many of the largest companies in the world in order to easily leverage big data for big ideas. Teradata QueryGrid won Best in Biz Award, voted ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ in 2015. You can learn more at http://www.teradata.com/Teradata-QueryGrid.
The QueryGrid Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the QueryGrid product.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new QueryGrid features.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- Support and resolve customer issues.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-8+ years of experience programming with Java (or other object-oriented programming languages) gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Strong working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Cloud Computing, knowledge/experience with Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) infrastructures and services
- Experience with automation and REST APIs
- Experience with design and architecture
- Experience with secure coding practices, knowledge of threat models, and compliance
- Experience with quality automation, familiarity with Test Driven Development, End to End Testing
- Experience in an Agile development process, such as XP and Scrum
- Experience with databases (e.g. Teradata, Oracle) and Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark), experience with SQL
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Los Angeles
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata QueryGrid Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US